Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot Returns to WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
All Proceeds Benefit the Food Bank for Monterey County
Before filling up on all the delicious Thanksgiving Day dishes and settling in to watch the football games, entire families can participate in a hearty morning exercise at the sixth annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot to benefit the Food Bank for Monterey County. Hosted by the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, visitors who make a $10 cash or check donation can enjoy a run, jog or walk on the 2.238-mile race circuit from 7 to 11 a.m. on Thursday, November 22.
- There is plenty of convenient free parking in the paddock
- Registration is located at the base of the pit row suites (look for the flutter flags)
- $10 per person donation to the Food Bank for Monterey County (100% of all proceeds are donated)
- Canned foods will also be accepted
- After signing a waiver…enjoy the experience
- We are there rain or shine.
Families have visited the iconic facility to take part in the Turkey Trot from as far away as Japan, the Netherlands, England and across the country who were visiting Monterey for the holiday. Central and North California visitors also joined the early morning experience.
Canned and non-perishable food donations will also be accepted. All proceeds go to the Food Bank for Monterey County which is the area’s largest provider of emergency supplemental food. The food bank collects, stores and redistributes food to individuals, as well as non-profit agencies that serve the aged, ill and needy.
For people interested in learning how to help or make a direct donation to the Food Bank for Monterey County, please visit its web site.