WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca Begins its Rebranding for Thrilling 2018 Season
Sign installers have been swarming Laguna Seca Recreation Area the past 48 hours to rebrand the iconic raceway now known as WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. From the Start/Finish bridge and building signs to the Welcome signs, the clean-looking new logo will be a centerpiece for years to come. WeatherTech became naming rights partner April 1.
“The installation process began immediately following the Sea Otter Classic and is proceeding smoothly to provide a welcome sight for everyone who visits. The new graphics really come to life and enhance the property,” commented Dewayne Woods, Assistant County Administrative Officer for Monterey County. “This is only the beginning of many new opportunities the County of Monterey is looking at that will serve to enrich the Laguna Seca Recreation Area.”
The WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca logo was designed by Monterey-based Bob Wecker, owner of The Wecker Group. Interestingly, Wecker also redesigned the first logo (1957) in 1977 for Laguna Seca Raceway. “It’s a privilege to continue being involved in providing fresh creative direction of this world-renowned race track,” Wecker said.
Cooper MacNeil, son of WeatherTech founder David MacNeil, will return to Monterey to race his WeatherTech-branded Ferrari 488 Challenge car in the third round of the Ferrari Challenge May 3-6. MacNeil is currently the points leader in the Trofeo Pirelli class after two rounds. The popular driver will keep busy by competing in a Ferrari in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship round in Lexington, Ohio, over the same weekend.
The full season at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca consists of:
- May 3 – 6 Ferrari Challenge
- May 15 Amgen Tour of California
- May 18-20 Spring Classic Showcasing Nitro Revival
- June 22-24 MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship GEICO Motorcycle U.S. Round Featuring MotoAmerica
- July 14 Red, White & Blues
- Aug. 18-19 Monterey Pre-Reunion
- Aug. 23-26 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- Sept. 6-9 Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix Featuring AMERICA’S TIRE 250
- Sept. 27-30 Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI
- Oct. 25-28 California 8 Hours Presented by Pirelli World Challenge
Advance single day, multi-day and VIP hospitality packages are currently on sale by calling 831-242-8200 or visiting HERE.